Sunday, September 7, 2008

Match Maker Match Maker

Back in the Spring I decided to sign up for the program called Big Brother Big Sister, this is something I have wanted to do for a while, so I got the process started. After interviews, background checks, calling on references I was approved for the program. Five months later I got the phone call they had found a little sister too match me up with. I accepted the match, Madison accepted the match and on Sept. 4th we had our first match outing.


Madison is 9 years old, she has Cystic Fibrosis which affects her respirtory system, a learning disability but is so full of life. She can be a little shy but warmed right up to me. She doesn't have a much of an appetite had a couple of bites of her ice cream and was done as for me I had no problem finishing mine.

I am excited for our new adventure together, I look forward to getting to know Madison and most importantly I am excited to finally have a new little sister. After 5 months of waiting match maker match maker finally worked out.




4 comments:

Krista said...

wahoo keri watts!! finalmente, a blog!

Summer said...

Ker! She is darling! I am so impressed by you and this selfless decision. Then again, I am impressed by everything that you do!!! And I must say, you starting a blog is making me so proud!!!

itsahalesofalife said...

What a wonderful thing to do! Also, I am excited you joined the blogging world

Life Is Good said...

Ker, you are the cutest! I love you to death!! The relationship you have with your fam has always been an example to me. Thanks for sharing. : )