Sunday, September 14, 2008

Farewell Jordan


BRADLEY JORDAN SLATER: Or Should I say ELDER SLATER

Called: Merida Mexico

Reports: Sept. 17, 2008- Sept. 19, 2010

It's hard to believe who I like to call my little brother is leaving on a mission. Jordan is my sister's oldest son; he is the first grandchild to serve a mission in our family. I still remember when he was a little boy living in Texas wearing his red cowboy boots. Where has the time gone?

I remember the year Jordan and I both got ipod's for Christmas, we were both so excited about our new gift. Jordan came over to the house asking if I had been downloading music and of course I said yes. Then he proceeds to tell me he just got done downloading the talks from the last general conference. My mind didn't even think about downloading such things I was focused on music and he was focused on what the prophet had just taught us. This is just one of the many reasons of why he is an amazing person and a good example. Time and time again he has been example in my life.

I know without a doubt he is going to be a great missionary. He loves his Savior Jesus Christ and has such a strong testimony. Last night when he was being set apart as a Elder he said he was honored to serve and to represent Christ. He couldn't have said it better. Jordan I love you death and I am personally so proud of you. You will truly be missed but what your doing will shape you into the man your meant to be. Remember who you are and Return with Honor.

1 comment:

kesli said...

What a wonderful aunt you are to all your nieces and nephews. I am sure it was hard to see him go. How Kim and her family? Love you lots! Kes